Adjuvatis develops and manufactures biodegradable particles used as drug-delivery vectors.
Uniquely those eco-compatible i-Particles® are fully metabolizable and produced without any surfactant or stabilizers:
- Biodegradable particles
- NO residual solvent
- NO surfactant or stabilizer
- Size customizable from 150 nm to 300 nm
- Highly homogeneous particles size
- High batch-to-batch reproducibility
- Negatively charged particles
- Surface adsorption of various biomolecules (proteins, peptides, sugars, haptens) onto i-Particles (formulation)
- Encapsulation of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
Note that the i-Particles are more than 100 nm in diameter and are thus exempted from October 2011 limitations and European regulations specific to nanoparticles.
- i-Particles are manufactured using a biocompatible and biodegradable polymer.
- i-Particles synthesis uses a fully eco-friendly process.
- This manufacturing process is accurate, reproducible and scalable.
- It generates highly homogeneous particles in size, shape and charge. The i-Particles are negatively charged and display a narrow size distribution.
Formulation of biomolecule with i-Particles®
The second step of the process is characterized by the physical biomolecule adsorption onto the particles’ surface. The formulated i-Particles keep a stable colloidal shape with a size range suitable for injections/adminisrations.
As of today, more than twenty proteins or peptides originating from infectious agents have already been successfully formulated using i-Particles.
Adjuvatis provides its customers with ready-to-use formulations in a suitable buffer.
Benefits of i-Particles® technology
- Significant drug stabilization and half-life improvement
- Dose-effect: lowering the antigen amount from 10 to 100 times
- Multiple routes of administration: sub-cutaneous, intra-veinous, dermal, oral (sub-lingual and enteral), urogenital, nasal, etc.
- Excellent safety profile
- High homogeneity and reproducibility
Available ready-to-use kits
Adjuvatis proposes three offers:
Classic: standard drug formulation on standard i-Particles
Advanced: optimized drug formulation standard i-Particles
Customized: optimized drug formulation on tailor-made particles